Welcome to The Margaret Jackson Centre
Temporary closure of counselling service as of 24/03/2020
In order to protect our clients, counsellors and office staff we are following the government's guidance on social distancing and have closed our counselling service for the present time. We will be contacting our current clients as soon as we have any information on ways forward.
If you are contacting us in order to be put on our waiting list, unfortunately we are not able to take new referrals at this time. When the guidelines on social distancing are removed we will then be able to take referrals again so do call us on our number below at this time and we will be able to take your details and add you to our list. Currently we are also not able to answer questions as to how long people might have to wait on the listas this is not clear to us at this time.
We are aware of how much our services are currently needed and regret that we have had to close. However there are some services that operate telephone and on-line support and listening, their details are below:
- Samaritans 116 123 free-phone helpline for support, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(24 hour service)
- SANEline the phone line service is currently closed but you can use the email contact service: email@example.com and see
their website for further information www.sane.org.uk
- MIND www.mind.org.uk offer information and advice on all aspects of mental health and well-being they also offer Elefriends
- Elefriends www.elefriends.org.uk a supportive online community where you can be yourself
- The Silver Line 0800 4 70 80 90 - a confidential, free helpline for people over 55 across the UK (24 hour service). They also offer friendship calls.
- If you are feeling suicidal do contact your GP surgery and ask to be referred to the NHS Crisis Team, or present at any A&E Department and explain your situation.